This is great opportunity to work for a Trade Association that has been established for over 100 years, and one that offers their members a wide range of fundamental business services and discounts, plus practical advice, and telephone support on issues such as Employment Law and Health and Safety.
The main purpose of the role is to provide support to the Director of Operations, but you will be also required to look after all administration and oversee the smooth running of the office. You must have good secretarial skills and be able to take minutes and have fast and accurate typing skills.
This a small team of 4 people so you must be willing to “muck in” and help where needed. It can be busy so you may be juggling multiple balls with a smile!
Answering of main switchboard and greeting visitors.
- PA Duties to the Director of Operations
- Typing correspondence and documents
- Regional Correspondence.
- Event Correspondence
- Booking of meeting rooms
- Travel arrangements
- Minute Taking
- Drafting and co-ordinating Mailchimps with Marketing
- Drafting and co-ordinating Surveys with Marketing
- Collating and sourcing with Marketing and Communications Administrator content
- Administration of Events including National Conference attendance will be required.
- Responsible for the Online training programme, administration, and maintenance of database.
- Responsible for the membership administration, sending out of renewal letters, member certificates, welcome letters and updating the website.
- Administration of the Association’s Benevolent and Education Fund working with the Chairman of Trustees
- Administration of the President’s Diary including travel arrangements and hotel accommodation
- Processing of payments on behalf of the Benevolent and Education Fund
- Diary maintenance for the Director of Operations, President, Chairman and Board of Directors
- Booking of venues for Association meetings, travel and hotel accommodation.
- Ensuring the office is maintained and operational
- Responsibility for daily post, opening and sending.
- Organising catering and refreshments for any meetings/visitors
- Ordering of stationery, kitchen and toilet supplies for the office and stocktaking of supplies.
- Keeping the office tidy and functional
- Co-ordinate repairs to office equipment etc., when required.
- Making tea/coffee
- Assist CBA personnel in their job roles where necessary as instructed by the Director of Operations.
- Cover for personnel during holidays and sickness.
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Able to work in a small office environment
- Qualified to at least intermediate level in the use of all Microsoft Office Applications.
- A good team player with the ability to demonstrate excellent administration skills.
- Must have experience in office procedures and minute taking.
- Attention to detail and good telephone manner required.
- Ability to plan and prioritise, resolve issues and meet targets and deadlines.
- Must be flexible and willing to cover in the event of holidays, sickness and when one or more of CBA employees are out on CBA business, should this be required. Prior notice will be given.
- The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
- There may be a requirement for occasional travel and overnight stays as part of the job role.
- Hours of work 9am – 4.30 pm
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free parking
- Salary Increases to £25k after probation
Despite our best efforts it is not always possible to respond to every application individually due to the high volume of responses we receive on each vacancy
Only candidates who are short listed will be contacted for this particular role and if you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume that you have not be successful. However, we will keep your details on our database, and will contact you when other suitable positions come in.